The basics of pay-per-call
Do you need to increase your inbound calls and deliver them to your call center reps, however, you don’t understand the wording of the pay-per-call lead generation industry? Ultra98 is here to help. In this article, we’ve addressed five of the most-sought out inquiries regarding pay-per-call lead generation. Below are the top 5 questions asked.
1. What is pay-per-call?
Pay-per-call lead generation is the act of generating inbound calls, paying on a cost per call basis. Pay-per-call includes a number of methods of inbound call generation, including some that are consumer initiated and additional methods that are call center agent initiated.
Consumer-initiated pay-per-call methods include:
- Mobile search: Generated predominantly from Google search results, but may include second-tier search engine campaigns.
- Mobile display: Banner ads with call prompts.
- Email marketing: With the inbound phone number on the email creative, inbound calls can be generated.
- SMS: Text messages can include a phone number to drive inbound calls.
Call center agent-initiated pay-per-call methods include live agent transfers, often called warm transfers or hot transfers.
2. What is click-to-call marketing?
Click-to-call marketing is a form of pay-per-call lead generation during which a consumer clicks on a phone number in an advertisement to place a call from a mobile phone. Click-to-call marketing methods can include mobile search, mobile display, email marketing and SMS.
3. How are click-to-call leads generated?
Click-to-call leads are generated by a consumer taking the action from a mobile phone to click on a phone number within an ad. This action begins an inbound call. Click-to-call advertising methods can include:
- Mobile search: Generated predominantly from Google search results, but may include second-tier search engine campaigns. Mobile search campaigns can include both branded and non-branded campaigns. Because callers were actively searching and are often in the compare/buy mindset, mobile search pay-per-call campaigns typically generate high-quality inbound calls with high conversion rates.
- Mobile display: Banner ads with call prompts. Often with mobile display pay-per-call campaigns, the caller must dial the number on the banner ad instead of clicking on the creative.
- Email marketing: With the inbound phone number on the email creative, inbound calls can be generated. Email marketing generating pay-per-call leads can be deployed at times scheduled to match call center hours.
- SMS: Text messages can include a phone number to drive inbound calls. SMS campaigns require TCPA consent to message consumers, but artificial intelligence (AI) can be used to create two-way conversations that nurture consumers until they are ready to place an inbound call.
4. What are live agent transfers?
Live agent transfers can be agent-initiated or consumer-initiated pay-per-call leads. Typically for agent-initiated calls, which are the majority of live agent transfers, call center agents place outbound calls to lists identified as consumers with potential intent for a product or service. Through lengthy conversations, agents qualify leads to confirm interest and match consumers to offers for which they are likely to convert. Agents also confirm consumers have time to continue the conversation before transfers are completed. Because of the time invested by the agent prior to the transfer, live agent transfers can result in high conversion rates.
Live agent transfers are also called warm transfers and hot transfers.
5. Do I need Different Scripts to different types of inbound calls?
Pay-per-call best practices encourage different scripts for different types of inbound calls. The scripts should map to the experience of the consumer prior to the call being placed. Call center agents should understand the creative that was seen by consumers for consumer-initiated inbound calls, and they should be familiar with the script used by the prior call center agent for live agent transfers.
For many pay-per-call leads, advertisers are only charged if calls last a specific duration of time. Interactive voice responders (IVRs) can be used to help immediately disqualify calls that don’t match conversion objectives while getting interested parties to appropriate call center representatives quickly. Likewise, a short and concise script with early knockout questions can assist with quick qualification.
Are you ready to start a winning pay-per-call lead generation campaign?
Our highly experienced team is ready to help you improve contact and increase conversion rate by driving inbound calls to our call center teams. We will put together a winning marketing strategy to achieve all your marketing goals.
CONTACT ULTRA 98 to fuel your sales engine!
Ultra98 works on a 100% performance model. There is no upfront fees or monthly retainers for your inbound marketing campaigns which means you’ll have new business before you ever pay a dime!
Ultra98 owns all of its traffic. We generate it with a team of skilled marketers with compliance and quality at the core.
Copyright © 2019 Ultra 98 | All Rights Reserved